Silver Star Protection Group is a Illinois licensed security agency that consists of a team of professional security experts who provide business owners with the optimum level of protection for their high-risk, high-value assets. Silver Star sets the standard as the top asset protection company by providing businesses with the most qualified, highly trained and best equipped security professionals in the industry.
Silver Star is looking for security professionals that possess superior customer service skills as they are a perquisite for employment. Serving our partners is our top priority. We strive to provide clients with industry safeguards and bespoke solutions to operate their business in the proper manner. Silver Star will be providing on-site security and compliance services as well as transportation of medical cannabis under the State of Illinois Medical Cannabis pilot program.
- Perform security patrols of external and internal areas of locations.
- Monitor surveillance and security alarm systems.
- Provide assistance to business owners in emergency situations.
- Keep detailed logs and records of incidents at assigned locations.
- Other duties assigned by Silver Star Protection Management
- Military or law enforcement background preferred.
- Prior experience operating central monitoring stations and equipment.
- Must have State of Illinois 40hr. training certificate for armed security contractor.
- Current driver’s license and dependable transportation.
- Must be able to obtain a Cultivation/Dispensary Identification Card.
- Able to obtain Firearm Owners Identification Card (FOID)
- Good credit record.
- Must be able to pass a comprehensive background check and drug screening.
- A professional appearance and demeanor.
- Able to stand and or sit for extended periods of time.
- Have an Illinois Concealed Carry Permit (CCW card)
Silver Star Protection Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants. We look to employ current or former members of the United States Military and former Law enforcement officers. Compensation is competitive and will be commensurate with experience.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: From $16.00 per hour
- Referral program
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Security: 3 years (Preferred)
- Driver’s License (Preferred)
- Guard Card- 20hr armed certificate (Required)
- Valid FOID (Required)
- Valid Concealed Carry License (Required)
- Illinois PERC (Required)
- Range qualification with past year (Preferred)
- One location
Hours per week:
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented — enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible — enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Autonomous/Independent — enjoys working with little direction
- High stress tolerance — thrives in a high-pressure environment
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place