We are a financially-backed craft grower applicant seeking an assistant cultivation manager to serve directly under our experienced Director of Cultivation and help manage a team of qualified growers, conditional upon being awarded a craft grower license. Our facility is conveniently located in Elgin, Illinois.
Our mission is to provide consumers with distinct cannabis product offerings that were developed with care and precision, love for the plant, environmental consciousness, and science-backed, clean cultivation technology. We are building a business for long term success that will sustain itself when supply and demand inevitably reach an equilibrium.
The Assistant Cultivation Manager will help the company continue its organic R&D program, support the company’s go-to-market strategy, analyze data developed in R&D, and oversee grow operations at the company’s planned facility in Elgin, Illinois. As the company grows, the Assistant Cultivation Manager will be deeply involved in the training and education of grow staff members as well as in the continual process of reviewing operating procedures, guidelines, and policies. This is a great opportunity for an entrepreneurial grower to partner with an entrepreneurial company and realize the upside in building a tremendous company.
This position includes a competitive salary and success-based incentives. We are seeking someone with at least 2 years of commercial growing experience who is motivated, responsive, and loves learning.
The Assistant Cultivation Manager will:
· Help manage and coordinate the daily grow operations and grow process, including: taking clones, potting, transfers, watering, mixing, flower blocks, spraying, cleaning, maintenance, harvesting and schedules/timelines for each, equipment requirements and training/ development.
· Support the company in compliance with the Dept of Agriculture rules and regulations
· Support the company in developing and maintaining an appropriate budget
· Ensure constant updates are provided for any and all grow-related equipment.
· Utilize grow labor force effectively to meet operating budgets.
· Conduct studies, identify problems, recommend alternatives and implement solutions in coordination with the Director of Cultivation.
· Continually review current systems for operational efficiency.
· Participate in developing and implementing rules, regulations, policies, and procedures to advance the company’s mission, vision, goals, and objectives for the grow team
· Manage, supervise and direct the activities of assigned staff; make recommendations regarding hiring, discipline, termination or advancement of employees. Assign work and monitor progress; guide, train and develop employees in the accomplishment of their duties and goals through professional growth
· Direct and assist management of grow schedules, personnel and quality assurance practices
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.00 to $35.00 /hour
- Management: 1 year (Preferred)
- commercial growing: 1 year (Preferred)
- Elgin, IL 60123 (Preferred)
- One location
- Health insurance
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma