The Zen Leaf Dispensary is dedicated to providing excellent patient care on every visit in an efficient and friendly manner. We are currently seeking an Assistant Dispensary Manager for our upcoming Prospect Heights, IL Dispensary. The Assistant Dispensary Manager works directly with the dispensary’s General Manager to effectively and efficiently run the dispensary. The ADM will be responsible for assisting in managing all personnel, inventory purchasing and tracking, sales goals and bonus targets, and act as the “manager-on-duty” in absence of the General Manage. The ADM will communicate effectively with all levels of the organization to implement and maintain store goals, protocols, policies and procedures in accordance with company standards, as well as communicate broader company objectives and standards.
· Responsible for managing dispensary cashflow, staff, schedules, inventory and customer relations
· Serves as a role model and resource for dispensary staff concerning products and services, policies and procedures, industry news and changes in regulations;
· Coordinates with the corporate retail team to ensure accurate information is communicated to dispensary staff.
· Drives the implementation of company programs by motivating and supporting the store team to develop and implement plans that meet objectives.
· Manages with integrity and honesty.
· Plans, identifies, communicates and delegates responsibilities to the Assistant Dispensary Manager(s) and/or store-level team to ensure a smooth flow of operations within the company.
· Creates implementation plans to achieve both operational efficiency and optimal results.
· Solicits feedback to understand customer needs and the needs of the community.
· Provide all dispensary employees with training, coaching, feedback, and developmental opportunities
· Provide regular inventory, sales and profitability reports to the corporate retail team.
· Maintain and responsible for accurate records of all dispensary activities including daily cash reconciliations, customer records, sales, deliveries and returns in accordance with IL laws and regulations
· Maintain inventory control system and perform daily counts of all cannabis and cannabis products in the facility
· Assisting in interviewing process and candidate selection.
· At least 21 years of age.
· High school degree or general education degree (GED) is required, Bachelor’s Degree preferred
· A minimum of 1 year as an assistant manager, or above, is required
· Demonstrated passion to serving the adult cannabis community.
· Proven ability to manage teams effectively
· Excellent communication and customer service skills
Physical and Mental Demands:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to remain in a stationary position, move and/or position oneself, communicate, operate and/or prepare, place, position objects, tools, or controls. The employee must occasionally move packages weighing up to 20 lb. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close observation and the ability to adjust focus. The mental and physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an individual, with or without reasonable accommodation, to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
Work is performed in a retail environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an individual encounters while performing the essential functions of this position.
Zen Leaf is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We place priority in an environment of inclusion, diversity and social justice and are committed to securing a better, brighter way forward for our employees, our markets and our communities.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Flexible Schedule
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
- 8 Hour Shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night Shift
- retail or hospitality: 2 years (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Prospect Heights, IL (Required)
- United States (Required)