We’re Grassroots, a new cannabis company that’s all about living deeply. We started in Illinois and we’re growing nationally from the ground up. We care deeply, about our plants, our products and the people they serve. Our team brings an unmatched depth of expertise and commitment to perfection to every cannabis seedling we cultivate, and every product we invent. We may be one of the largest medical cannabis dispensary owners in the country with licenses in a growing number of states, but we operate like a hometown business in the same communities where we live with our families and friends. In doing so, we connect deeply, to one another, to our communities and to a larger movement. We’re always looking for new talent to join our team and to move our growing industry forward.
We are looking for an Associate who can become an integral part of our organization and grow with our new recreational dispensary. The ideal candidate is proactive, innovative and passionate, able to beat deadlines and find answers when it appears there are none.
The Associate will work to ensure excellent customer service and ensure the distribution of only quality products to customers in our new recreational dispensary. The Associate assesses the individual needs of customers, provides superior product knowledge, and conducts sales transactions efficiently and accurately.
- Assess individual customer needs by asking customers questions regarding their cannabis knowledge and usage, carefully listening to customer responses, and further clarifying as needed to determine what type of alternative care might support their conditions
- Participate in continuous training on dispensary operations and customer service interactions
- Always communicate with sensitivity and respect for customers, staff, and visitors
- Ensure adherence to patient confidentiality guidelines as provided in employee training
- Address customer issues, utilizing the Manager when appropriate
- Perform opening and closing procedures
- Ensure departmental and dispensary compliance to internal, local and state policies
- Ensure adherence to hygiene and sanitation guidelines
- Ensure the accuracy of the assigned cash register
- Prevent the diversion of cannabis to anyone other than authorized patients
- Communicate regularly with the Manager to satisfy department needs and patient feedback
- Maintain the overall appearance, organization, and cleanliness of the department and service counter areas
- Attend daily pre-opening meetings
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Manager
- Two years or more prior experience in retail sales or similar environment
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Knowledge of cannabis strains and applications
- High school diploma or GED
- Basic computer operating skills
- Basic math skills
- Passion to serve people
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Candidate must be a self-starter, flexible to work in a collaborative structure and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to obtain a dispensing organization agent identification card issued by the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation Division of Professional Regulation
- Ability to pass a background check free of felonies
- Minimum age requirement: 21 years
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employees may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Grassroots provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age disability or genetics.