The Zen Leaf Dispensary is dedicated to providing excellent patient care on every visit in an efficient and friendly manner. We are currently seeking full-time Budtenders to join our upcoming Prospect Heights, IL dispensary. Budtenders are responsible for providing exceptional individualized customer service, educational consulting, and patient record management. This job pairs unparalleled attention to a customer’s needs with ongoing inventory maintenance.
This is a fast-paced retail job. Each Budtender focuses on one patient at a time in a boutique setting. A successful Budtender will demonstrate strong analytical and problem-solving skills, effective verbal and listening communications skills, and computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite. Accountability, dependability, and adaptability are all necessary skills in a growing industry that strictly complies with the regulations of the Illinois Department of Health.
- Welcomes all visitors to the dispensary
- Possesses a thorough knowledge of cannabis products and pricing to provide exceptional customer service to dispensary customers;
- Advises customers on products in compliance with all dispensing rules, regulations, and limitations in a friendly and professional manner
- Provides customers with information on types, methods and effectiveness of different cannabis products (does not provide medical advice)
- Dispenses regulated products in compliance with state dispensing limitations, including limits on the quantity dispensed, limits on the form or dosage of cannabis, limits on the types of products dispensed, and/or the frequency of purchases
- Stocks, merchandises, and replenishes displays of regulated and unregulated inventory
- Completes all sales by entering accurate data for each transaction in the business management software platforms in compliance with company policies and state dispensing limitations
- Providing a personal experience to every customer in a non-judgmental and educational environment
- Dedication to helping customers find the best products for their different needs
- Strong computer skills, point of sale software, and cash management knowledge.
- Flexibility to accommodate scheduling demands including some weekends, regularly scheduled shifts, and applicable holidays.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to resolve matters in a professional manner.
- Prior customer service or hospitality experience
- Must be 21 years of age or older and be able to pass a state and federal criminal background check
- High school degree or general education degree (GED) is required for all positions
- Knowledge of cannabis plant varieties and uses a plus
Physical and Mental Demands:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to remain in a stationary position, move and/or position oneself, communicate, operate and/or prepare, place, position objects, tools, or controls. The employee must occasionally move packages weighing up to 20 lb. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close observation and the ability to adjust focus. The mental and physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an individual, with or without reasonable accommodation, to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
Work is performed in a retail environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an individual encounters while performing the essential functions of this position.
Zen Leaf is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We place priority in an environment of inclusion, diversity and social justice and are committed to securing a better, brighter way forward for our employees, our markets and our communities.