Berlin Packaging is the nation’s premier supplier of rigid packaging and packaging components. We are a $2.6 billion-dollar company with 30+ straight years of record growth.
Don’t know what makes the rigid packaging industry special? Well, chances are you enjoy products supplied by Berlin Packaging every day! Imagine yourself walking into your favorite big-box store. Take a mental look around and think about every glass, plastic, or metal package you see. Berlin Packaging touches virtually every market: automotive, beverage, food, home care, industrial chemical, pet care and veterinary, personal health and beauty, wine and spirits, and now, cannabis too.
Next, combine that with an award-winning culture. Our 1,000+ employees are high-performing – and importantly, collaborative – entrepreneurs who blow through obstacles and embody an “Anything is Possible!” mindset. We love it here. Our engagement scores are 3x the national average. And every single employee shares in Berlin’s profitable growth.
Now you understand why since 1898, our 100+ year-old company has grown 10x faster than our industry!
And we’re not done yet.
In order to continue our record growth streak, we need people like YOU to join our team! Are you up for the opportunity of a lifetime? If so, we are seeking a Business Intelligence Analyst who will be responsible for managing the growth and evolution of the company’s data and reporting, including enterprise application databases, current and future reporting tools and websites, including ensuring appropriate maintenance and support.
- Conduct careful analysis of requirements with internal customers to understand data and reporting needs.
- Analyze data contained in the database to identify reporting issues and proposed system tools.
- Document detailed specifications for each report including functional and technical specifications.
- Create and edit Stored Procedures, Views, Functions, and Queries on SQL Server 2014/2016 to extract data required for reporting purposes.
- Develop dynamic reports that enable end users to filter and aggregate defined parameters according to their needs and customizations.
- Configure and create packages for report distribution.
- Create report subscriptions, dashboards, etc.
- Proactively identify and communicate dependencies, issues, risks, and barriers to completing assignments and escalate to the appropriate project stakeholders and supervisors.
- Accountable for supporting and contributing to the management of project scope, schedule, and quality within the respective team/area.
- Analyze how workflow decisions translate into report requirements.
- Create dynamic and static reports using QlikView/Qlik Sense/ Power BI, sourcing data from SQL Server data warehouse and analysis services.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Ability to maintain and manage multiple projects while meeting expectations
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- 2+ years with QlikView/Qlik Sense/Power BI
- 2+ years with SQL and data warehousing
- Relational and Dimensional Data Model
- Office environment
Berlin offers an outstanding compensation and benefits package including profit sharing, 401(k) with company match, medical insurance (including an HSA option and telemedicine), dental, vision, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, paid parental leave, health club reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, 529 college savings plan, employee assistance, smoking cessation program, pet insurance (new!), employee discounts, employee referral bonus program, and, last but not least, flexible spending accounts for transportation, medical, and dependent care.
Berlin Packaging provides equal employment opportunities for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, military service and veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition as defined by applicable state or local law, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws and ordinances.