Zen Leaf is dedicated to providing excellent customer service on every visit in an efficient and friendly manner. We are currently seeking full-time and part-time Cannabis Consultants to join our upcoming Prospect Heights, IL dispensary. Cannabis Consultants are responsible for providing exceptional individualized customer service and educational consulting. This job pairs unparalleled attention to a customer’s needs with ongoing inventory maintenance.
This is a fast-paced retail job. Each Cannabis Consultant focuses on one customer at a time in a boutique setting. A successful Cannabis Consultant will demonstrate strong analytical and problem-solving skills, effective verbal and listening communications skills, and computer skills; including Microsoft Office Suite. Accountability, dependability, and adaptability are all necessary skills in a growing industry that strictly complies with the regulations of the State.
- Welcomes all visitors to the dispensary
- Possesses a thorough knowledge of cannabis products and pricing to provide exceptional customer service to dispensary customers;
- Advises customers on products in compliance with all dispensing rules, regulations, and limitations in a friendly and professional manner
- Provides customers with information on types, methods and effectiveness of different cannabis products (does not provide medical advice)
- Dispenses regulated products in compliance with state dispensing limitations, including limits on the quantity dispensed, limits on the form or dosage of cannabis, limits on the types of products dispensed, and/or the frequency of purchases
- Stocks, merchandises, and replenishes displays of regulated and unregulated inventory
- Complete all sales by entering accurate data for each transaction in the business management software platforms in compliance with company policies and state dispensing limitations
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Must be able to pass a state and federal criminal background check
- Dedication to helping customers find the best products for their different needs
- Strong computer skills, point of sale software, and cash management knowledge
- Flexibility to accommodate scheduling demands including some weekends, regularly scheduled shifts, and applicable holidays
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to resolve matters in a professional manner
- At least 1 year of prior customer service or hospitality experience
- High school degree or general education degree (GED) is required for all positions
- Knowledge of cannabis plant varieties and uses is a plus
Physical and Mental Demands:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to remain in a stationary position, move and/or position oneself, communicate, operate and/or prepare, place, position objects, tools, or controls. The employee must occasionally move packages weighing up to 20 lb. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close observation and the ability to adjust focus. The mental and physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an individual, with or without reasonable accommodation, to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
Work is performed in a retail environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an individual may or may not encounter while performing the essential functions of this position.
Zen Leaf is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We place priority in an environment of inclusion, diversity and social justice and are committed to securing a better, brighter way forward for our employees, our markets and our communities.