Continuing Education, Training, and Workforce Development is looking to hire a quality instructor to develop and provide instruction for continuing education cannabis courses that will support the cannabis industry.
Essential Functions of the Position:
- Preparation of program learning activities and instructional materials (as appropriate),
- Delivery of instruction, including being prepared for and meeting programs at scheduled times,
- Compliance with departmental and institutional policies and procedures including but not limited to submission of midterm and final grades, and Compliance with institutional procedures.
Required qualifications include:
- Associate degree with 2000 hours of experience in the field
- Knowledge /awareness of Illinois cannabis laws and regulations
- Awareness of dispensary/cultivation operations
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Computer literacy including the ability to use online tools to supplement teaching and facilitate email access
- Must be able to teach with enthusiasm and implement relevant teaching strategies to develop the skills of students.
- Willingness to support the goals of the Continuing Education division and strive to create an effective learning environment for a diverse population of students.
- Previous experience teaching/training specifically in the cannabis industry
Salary: $40 per hour
This position requires availability to teach on both the Des Plaines and Skokie campuses
This position requires availability to teach in the evening and/or on the weekends
All assignments are conditioned on sufficient enrollment. Once a course starts, the part time instructor is expected to complete the course.
Please contact Matthew Robitaille at email@example.com if you have any questions or experience problems in submitting your application.
Oakton is accessible by public transportation.
Posted positions may be removed from the Oakton website without notice when it is determined that no additional applicants are required. Once posted positions are removed from the website, no additional applications will be accepted.