Community Marketing and Outreach Manager – Illinois
At Grassroots Cannabis, we grow and process high quality cannabis products that are infused with passion and crafted with care. From our innovative growers who adhere to strict quality and safety standards, to our state-of-the-art facilities, we create premium products to help people achieve their wellness goals. As one of the largest multi-state cannabis company in the U.S., we operate across several markets with our headquarters located in Chicago. We are continuing to expand our footprint to help achieve our goal of providing access to safe and quality cannabis nationwide. We invite you to join the movement and come grow with us.
Grassroots is looking for a Community Marketing and Outreach Manager who can become an integral part of our organization and grow with our company. The ideal candidate is proactive, innovative, passionate and solution driven.
This role will work to raise awareness of our dispensaries within the community – elevating field marketing as a strategic lever to promote dispensary brand awareness, drive traffic to our dispensaries, maintain open communication with patients and the community and provide outreach and education regarding the Illinois medical cannabis program.
Note: This position will begin on a six month contract with the option to extend and/or hire, based on the managers’ discretion and internal approval.
- Develop a marketing strategy for your target area
- Identify & activate hyper-relevant on/off premise events, partnerships & sponsorships to strengthen connectivity to patients, local commerce and the community.
- Identify and execute marketing and advertising opportunities (where allowed)
- Establish dispensary as center of informative excellence by delivering educational and industry-forward presentations, consultations and workshops.
- Build and maintain an influential network of physicians and medical partners through ongoing outreach activity.
- Host patient sign up events in the dispensary and throughout the community
- Create a personalized experience for all patients and caregivers
- Assist with social media presence and other task related to digital media
- Attend external outreach, networking, and vendor fair events
- Stay current with inventory and cannabis knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related field
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in marketing and outreach.
- Prior experience working within the medical cannabis industry a plus
- Prior experience working with medical patients desired
- Familiarity with Medical Cannabis Program rules and regulations, specifically in relation to marketing, advertising, and patient card application process
- Ability to acquire a dispensary badge which includes passing required background check free of felonies
- Proven organizational skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization
- Leadership and interpersonal skills
- Efficacy with technology
- Ability to travel to events and locations
- Flexible schedule
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Candidate must be a self-starter, flexible to work in a collaborative structure and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
At Grassroots Cannabis we are committed to improving the quality of our patients’ lives and restoring well-being. Our medical cannabis dispensaries are setting a new standard of excellence, emphasizing health and wellness in our clean and modern facilities. Our staff is well trained and attentive, striving to serve patients with great respect and compassion.
Besides dispensing medicine, we also provide a wide range of holistic services designed to help patients maintain a healthy lifestyle, reduce stress and manage pain, such as yoga and therapeutic massage.
Grassroots Cannabis provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age disability or genetics.