Transcend Herb Center is currently building a team of highly experienced business professionals for our applications for recreational cannabis dispensary licenses. We qualify as a Social Equity applicant which accounts for a significant portion of the points required to qualify for a company to receive a license which should give us a leg up on some of our competition for these recreational licenses. We are looking to augment our team with a qualified, experienced candidate for Compliance Manager.
Since we are still awaiting license approval the successful candidate will be issued a Letter of Intent which will outline our agreement and will be submitted along with the application.
The Compliance Manager’s responsibilities include:
- Responsible for ensuring that the dispensary remains in strict compliance with all relevant regulatory requirements both administratively and financially
- Ensure that the facility is operating properly financially, operationally and security wise to meet and exceed corporate and state requirements
- Interface with the sales group to ensure that all staff maintains and exceeds the appropriate training levels to ensure that they are capable of properly communicating with our customers about all the products that we sell so that the customers can make the appropriate buying decisions
- Perform regular inspections and interact with all departments against Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) to confirm compliance with regulations and ensure optimal performance within the dispensary and provide feedback to the different departments.
- Work with the state’s regulating agencies to understand and implement the laws, within the dispensary and make sure that the appropriate personnel are kept appraised of the requirements
- Monitor receipt of all goods with respect to packaging. Labelling and coding to make sure that we have the correct product, that it is in good condition and saleable and to co-ordinate any damaged, contaminated or incorrect product and ensure proper handling and disposal or return of said product
The ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum 3 years of experience in the Cannabis industry with previous experience on the compliance side of a highly regulated industry.
- Must have expert-level knowledge of medical and recreational marijuana dispensary operations and training requirements of personnel
- Some level of cannabis certification would be an asset.
- Knowledge of the POS system and how the information is used in the organization is important.
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a team environment
- Must be able to accurately create compliance documents to ensure submission in a timely manner
- Must be able to provide direction and feedback to others so they are able to meet the expected performance criteria of the company
- College degree required. MBA or advanced degree in a related field preferred
- Must be 21 years of age or older, able to work in the USA and be able to pass all required background checks and must remain compliant with all legal and company regulations for working in this industry.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $75,000.00 to $100,000.00 /year
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- United States (Preferred)
- Other forms
- One location
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Professional development assistance
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Team-oriented — cooperative and collaborative