Sustainable Innovations is a licensed cannabis and hemp company. www.sustaininnovate.com
6755 Weaver Road, Suite A55
Rockford, IL 61114
Accountant needed for a cannabis and hemp company. This position will document and ensure all financial records and statements are in line with laws, regulations, and generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP). This position will compile the information needed to prepare entries for Company accounts and provide reports and forecasts to the Company. This position is responsible for inventory management, cost analysis, SG&A analysis, and forecasting, and filing all compliance related documents.
(These functions are intended as a general illustration of the work performed in this job classification and are not all inclusive for this position)
- Responsible for Daily Cash Management Activities which include updating daily bank activity; transferring funds between accounts and related entities; paying various expenses; preparing deposits for the bank and maintain all banking functions for operational purposes.
- Prepare and maintain regular financial planning reports; Monthly profit and loss forecast by division (vs. budget); Weekly cash flow forecast
- Responsible for preparation of Monthly Bank Reconciliation.
- Responsible for maintenance of Company’s Chart of Accounts. Adheres to all Illinois DOA Regulations.
- Identify client issues concerning generally accepted accounting principles (FASB / SFAS), specifically related to Cannabis and 280e.
- Complete non-complex account reconciliations, such as bank reconciliations, accounts receivable, accounts payable, and other balance sheet accounts.
- Prepare non-complex financial statements and required work papers to support the financial statements.
- Process transactions which may include accounts payable/cash disbursements processing, accounts receivable/cash receipts processing and payroll processing/coordination.
- Develop and maintain a thorough working knowledge of QuickBooks Enterprise Manufacturing and Wholesale Edition and merchant processing software(s) and related system integrations.
EDUCATION AND /OR EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field OR Associates degree in accounting or related field plus 2 years of accounting experience OR Associates in unrelated field plus Accounting Certificate plus 2 years of accounting experience.
- Experience with QuickBooks Enterprise, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Outlook is strongly preferred.
- 1+ years of experience providing accounting and financial services to clients within the Hemp or Cannabis industry is strongly preferred.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS: (Licenses, Certifications, Testing, etc.):
- Must obtain and maintain all licenses / certifications per Federal, State, and IDOA guidelines.
- Must successfully pass background check.
- Must maintain strict confidentiality relative to financial data and Company policies.
- Must successfully pass initial drug screening.
- Must be twenty-one (21) years of age.
- Perform extra duties based on the needs of the Company.
- Act in the best interests of the company always.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE OF:
- The Cannabis industry, including principles and practices of a capital and operations budget.
- Office procedures, methods, and equipment including computers and applicable software applications such as word processing, email, spreadsheets, and databases to include excellent working knowledge of QuickBooks, Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Sound interpersonal judgment and decision-making skills.
- Excellent analytical and abstract reasoning skills.
- Financial systems and proficiency with spreadsheets and merchant processing systems.
- Independently initiate, follow up, and complete assignments, as well as special projects.
- Perform effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Be well organized and effectively perform multiple tasks.
- Obtain and maintain all licenses / certifications per Federal, State, and IDOA regulations.
- Maintain confidentiality, understanding the potential impact on the Company.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by team members within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of this job. Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and further welcomes social equity applicants as well as those who live in a Disproportionately Impacted Area from the failed war on drugs.
COMPENSATION: up to $75K, bonuses, stock options and benefits. DOE.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: $50,000.00 – $75,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid sick time
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Accounting: 1 year (Preferred)
- Cost accounting: 1 year (Required)
- ERP systems: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location
Work Location: One location