Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The purpose of this position is to Supervise the In Grown Farms Cultivation Team, in conjunction with the Cultivation Director and Manager, through the daily processes related to the cultivation of cannabis. The Cultivation Supervisor supports leadership initiatives and guides Cultivation Team Leads and Technicians through the daily tasks which are vital to the ability to produce the highest quality cannabis. They are also responsible for disseminating information, providing regular supervision of Cultivation Technicians, and status updates to the Management team.
- Daily supervision of a team of cultivation leads and technicians.
- Motivates team members in alignment with the corporate values.
- Assists Cultivation Manager/Director with staff hiring, scheduling, training and performance reviews.
- Conducts meetings where tasks (job tickets) are assigned to the grow team and daily business updates are communicated, reporting back to management with a regular cadence on progress.
- Abides by safety policies and procedures. Provides feedback to the Safety Manager on how to improve the safety of the workplace. Completes all safety related reporting as needed in a timely manner.
- Maintains a clean, safe environment throughout the cultivation area and all shared employee facilities.
- Executes the IPM plan by regularly inspecting each cultivation room to chart progress and identify problems early on and ensures the execution of corrective action(s) and log events. Coordinates with the Director and Manager on any changes that may need to be implemented.
- Implements daily feed and care schedules as directed by Cultivation Management.
- Coordinates with the team to ensure consistency and discretion when crop pruning at various stages.
- Accurately maintains reports on all cultivation activities.
- Coordinates with the Cultivation management team to ensure that propagation activities to meet inventory requirements
- Coordinates and oversees waste destruction events and maintains accurate reporting.
- Conducts routine visual inspection of plants to identify any pests/deficiencies and reporting findings to Cultivation Managers
- Ensures that all cultivation equipment and supplies are on hand and ready for use. Notifies management through approved channels of any maintenance or inventory issues within a timely manner to avoid work stoppages.
- Proper usage, maintenance and storage of all tools and equipment, including but not limited to: shop vacuums, pumps, hoses, carts, scissors, loppers, stools, gloves, rags, etc.
- Monitors and documents daily: temperatures, humidity levels, pH, and any other metrics identified by the Cultivation Management team.
- Ensures that all metrics are recorded accurately and within a timely fashion. This includes, but is not limited to: nutrients, cloning, repotting, records of reservoirs, equipment and other crop related logs assigned by management.
- Participates in regular audits.
- Capable of identifying plant health issues related to feed/fertilizers to management and executes corrective action(s).
- Participates in cultivation planning activities such as calendar layouts, propagation planning, analysis, and any other planning activities deemed necessary for the proper function of the business.
- Assists the management team with the maintenance of the Operations Manual and SOPs.
- Fluent or able to quickly obtain a functional knowledge of all company software platforms
- Other duties as assigned and required.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Associate degree in one of the following fields: horticulture, agriculture, biology, chemistry or other related field preferred.
- Previous supervisory experience preferred
- Desired 2 years of experience in horticulture, botany, or related field preferred
- Skilled in basic computer & office equipment operations (inventory systems, MS Office, etc.)
- Strong Math skills required for inventory, projections, and measurements.
- Ability to read, understand, and abide by all company policies and procedures.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in a team environment.
- Knowledge of federal, state and local laws, particularly those that govern the cannabis industry is preferred but not required.
- Excellent time-management skills, to effectively plan and prioritize
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Ability to communicate clearly and calmly
- Extended time standing, walking, bending, and reaching
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds for a distance of 100 feet
- This position requires occasional extended and repetitive use of arms, hands and fingers to cut and manipulate small objects