We are looking for a customer service-oriented and operationally driven candidate to join the management team in our recreational dispensary. The ideal candidate will strive to make great product recommendations and provide a genuine experience to customers with professionalism, poise, and patience. A passion for cannabis coupled with a strong adherence to protocol and compliance are a must for this role.
The Dispensary Assistant Manager will help plan and manage all aspects of day to day operations, including managing personnel, establish strong customer relations, inventory control and handle the daily ebb and flow of all store related matters while adhering to strict state guidelines and regulations. You will communicate effectively with all levels of the organization to implement and maintain deals, protocols, policies, and procedures in accordance with company standards.
- Learn the ins and outs of the point of sale system
- Review and assist in receiving all deliveries with diligence and accuracy and in accordance with company and state regulations
- Create effective organization and information gathering for all inventory regarding special patient orders, employee patient samples, and weekly deals
- Track various sales metrics on a daily, weekly and monthly basis
- Assist with training of staff according to company guidelines
- Assist in conducting nightly and monthly inventory audits in accordance with company and state guidelines to ensure there is no diversion of inventory, and effectively respond to discrepancies
- Prepare and effectively lead state inspectors through unannounced inspections
- Maintain records for all necessary documents: delivery and inventory manifests, nightly and monthly inventory counts, necessary employee and customer information, log books, inventory adjustments, and destruction reports
- Experience in a retail management position for 2+ years required
- Ability to effectively communicate with staff members and managers
- Working knowledge of inventory and sales reports
- Familiarity with IL Medical Cannabis Program rules and regulations.
- Ability to acquire a state credential by passing required background check and any other requirement listed.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Proven organizational skills.
- Efficacy with technology and point of sale systems.
- A fundamental understanding of cannabinoids and their effects on the body is preferred.
- A passion for cannabis that is translatable to a diverse group of ages, ethnicities, and professionals
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
At Windy City Cannabis we are committed to improving the quality of our patients’ lives and restoring well-being. Our medical cannabis dispensaries are setting a new standard of excellence, emphasizing health and wellness in our clean and modern facilities. Our staff is well trained and attentive, striving to serve patients with great respect and compassion.
Besides dispensing medicine, Windy City Cannabis also provides a wide range of holistic services designed to help patients maintain a healthy lifestyle, reduce stress and manage pain, such as yoga and therapeutic massage.
Windy City Cannabis provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age disability or genetics.