Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods (“CPG”) approach to cannabis, Cresco’s house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy’s, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco’s national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry’s first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
The Dispensary General Manager of Sunnyside* South Beloit is responsible for day-to-day team leadership and delivering a profitable business which supports Cresco Labs’ mission to normalize, professionalize and revolutionize the cannabis industry. They ensure the dispensary achieves, or exceeds, all key-metrics and goals by driving profitable sales growth throughout all aspects of the dispensary including customer acquisition and loyalty, merchandising, operations and talent development. They are also the link between the Sunnyside* brand’s vision and how it comes to life in the store for employees and guests.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Ensure guest experience aligns with company vales of providing access to consistent high-quality cannabis and cannabis knowledge
- Provide regular updates, feedback, and solutions to corporate retail leadership across all areas of dispensary operations, driving success in an evolving industry
- Drive profitable sales through forecasting, scheduling, outstanding customer service and execution of programs and initiatives
- Partner with Human Resources, Compliance, Security, Employees Health & Safety, Marketing and IT on company initiatives
- Analyze business metrics, create and implement action plans to promote growth and continuous improvement
- Build and sustain a high-performing team through employee selection, ongoing coaching and clear accountability for results
- Manage and delegate responsibilities to employees, setting clear expectations across all roles while ensuring a safe environment
- Develop, coach, and inspire employees to achieve individual and team goals through regular feedback inclusive of recurring performance discussions and career development planning
- Ensure employees are knowledgeable of any regulatory changes, providing consistent coaching across guest experience, product knowledge and regulatory compliance
- Champion innovation and adaptability in a dynamic environment
- Ensure compliance to all company policies, procedures, state and local laws
- Oversee inventory activities and work with wholesale vendors to ensure compliant deliveries
- Serve as point of contact for state regulators and local authorities, overseeing any inspections or audits
- Maintain accurate records of all dispensary activities including daily cash reconciliations, guest records, sales, deliveries and returns in accordance with the state regulatory agency and the standards set by Company
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- 5+ years of Retail Management experience required
- Experience managing teams of 10 or more with layers of leadership, preferably in a high-volume location with a focus on team development
- Experience working closely with HR teams and processes
- Must maintain a high level of integrity, personal motivation, and sense of urgency
- Cannabis knowledge or dispensary leadership experience a plus
- Proficient in MS Office, Highly Proficient in MS Excel with experience in data entry and data management
- Strong business acumen including excellent communication, attention to detail and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to learn and apply technical and product-related information in a professional consultative manner
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
- Available to work all hours of operation inclusive of nights, weekends and holidays
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.