Financial Reporting Analyst
We’re Grassroots, a new cannabis company that’s all about living deeply. We started in Illinois and we’re growing nationally from the ground up. We care deeply, about our plants, our products and the people they serve. Our team brings an unmatched depth of expertise and commitment to perfection to every cannabis seedling we cultivate, and every product we invent. We may be one of the largest medical cannabis dispensary owners in the country with licenses in a growing number of states, but we operate like a hometown business in the same communities where we live with our families and friends. In doing so, we connect deeply, to one another, to our communities and to a larger movement. We’re always looking for new talent to join our team and to move our growing industry forward.
Our accounting and finance team is looking to add an individual that will be responsible for the overall financial analysis, reporting, and research in areas that include: monthly, quarterly, and annual financial performance, business acquisitions, consolidations, and capital raises that will provide an accurate reflection of overall financial health to internal and external stakeholders.
- Prepare individual and consolidated financial statements on a monthly/quarterly/annual basis
- Prepare monthly internal and external reports which include budget vs. actual profit and loss statements, cash flow statements and other financial ratio calculations
- Prepare and present analysis on key performance drivers and fluctuations in financial statements/internal reports
- Draft annual audited financial statements and footnotes
- Organize and assist in managing internal and external financial reporting requirements
- Assist in improving and implementing financial reporting processes
- Research and analyze complex technical accounting areas which include business acquisitions, consolidation and capital raises
- Participate in the Company’s annual budgeting and periodic reforecasting process
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Public accounting experience of at least 2 years
- Extensive knowledge of IFRS/US GAAP
- Advanced skill level in Excel
- Strong analytical abilities and problem-solving skills
- Organized self-starter with the ability to prioritize while working on multiple projects
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employees may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
At Grassroots Cannabis we are committed to improving the quality of our patients’ lives and restoring well-being. Our medical cannabis dispensaries are setting a new standard of excellence, emphasizing health and wellness in our clean and modern facilities. Our staff is well trained and attentive, striving to serve patients with great respect and compassion.
Besides dispensing medicine, we also provide a wide range of holistic services designed to help patients maintain a healthy lifestyle, reduce stress and manage pain, such as yoga and therapeutic massage.
Grassroots Cannabis provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age disability or genetics.