Graphic & Packaging Designer
Do you get excited about working on iconic brands rich with history and have incredible design elements just waiting to be taken further and shared with the world? Do you want to help shape the next 100-years of a consumer product company operating in market categories growing double digits each year?
Republic is a privately held consumer products company based in Glenview, IL that helps people enjoy the little things in life through our array of lifestyle brands and products in the roll-your-own legal leaf categories. We own the world’s largest and well-known portfolio of rolling paper and accessory brands that are growing considerably as a result of the cannabinoid legalization movement and a renewed commitment to brand and consumer marketing.
We’re searching for a multi-disciplined graphic designer with experience designing (deep experience in packaging + POP/POS at retail) for world-class CPG brands that people desire and use every day and even better, you have experience in regulated categories such as adult beverages, spirits, tobacco or cannabis. We are seeking a self-starter that can operate independently, create ideas and perspectives and always on the look-out for new trends, thoughts or innovations. You should be an organized professional always on the lookout for ways to improve the brand and design experience.
In this role, you will work with members of the brand, sales and marketing teams to create experiences that are engaging, useful, and customer-focused. You will apply customer insight and modern design trends to tailor your ideas to customer needs to outperform our competition. You will set the standard for design solutions with your world-class design talent, command of visual principals, masterful typographic skills, and keen attention to detail.
A demonstrated portfolio of work demonstrating creative designs (especially packaging & POS/POP) for similar CPG brands in preferably regulated categories with measurable results.
- 5-10 years of experience as a Graphic Designer with a focus on packaging, retail POS/POP and some digital design at a marketing agency or in-house creative marketing department.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud, including InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communication Design, Digital Design, Digital Advertising, or comparable degree program, or commensurate professional experience.
- Understanding of post-production processes to ensure designs and files are executed with precision and excellence.
- The ability to tell stories through design, well versed in the current consumer trends and details that deliver powerful customer experiences
- Experience in working within and creating design standards for brand lines and categories especially packaging and retail POP and POS
- An understanding and experience with retail environments and plan-o-grams especially convenience stores, c-gas, liquor stores and/or other specialty CPG retail.
- Strong communication skills; ability to listen, present, and sell concepts through storytelling and engage with senior leadership
- Work independently on important design projects, developing new ideas, proofreading and ensuring that the designs meet regulatory compliance
- Scope design initiatives and manage/prioritize work items
- Experience maintaining high quality creative, strong attention to detail, operating in a fast-paced, iterative environment
- Experience and comfort level designing for regulated CPG categories including spirits, beer/adult beverages, tobacco, cannabis or other related products
- Knowledge of retail POS and POP design standards and structure
- Previous work in advertising or marketing, focused on multi-channel design
Picture yourself at Republic
Republic is a stable, successful company that’s investing in the future of our company, people and our brands. We are proud to offer a competitive salary and benefits package, opportunities for exciting and interesting work and a clean and safe space. Employees are offered an array of perks including:
- Outstanding BlueCross BlueShield of Illinois medical plans
- 401(k) plan with employer matching
- Paid vacation, holidays and sick time
Republic is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Republic is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday
- One location