We’re Grassroots, a new cannabis company that’s all about living deeply. We started in Illinois and we’re growing nationally from the ground up. We care deeply, about our plants, our products and the people they serve. Our team brings an unmatched depth of expertise and commitment to perfection to every cannabis seedling we cultivate, and every product we invent. We may be one of the largest medical cannabis dispensary owners in the country with licenses in a growing number of states, but we operate like a hometown business in the same communities where we live with our families and friends. In doing so, we connect deeply, to one another, to our communities and to a larger movement. We’re always looking for new talent to join our team and to move our growing industry forward.
This role on our Human Resources team will work closely with our new hires to facilitate the badging process with all required state entities. This position will also support the Human Resources team in an administrative capacity, giving experience and exposure to many HR related facets of our business. This is an important role that will set the tone for our employee entrance to the Grassroots as well as their continued success with our organization.
- Process a high volume of badges for new hires across the country including being the liaison between government representatives, hiring teams and newly hired employees
- Execute a compliant on-boarding and badging process for all new hires throughout the organization
- Provide a bridge between the talent acquisition team and the human resources team to ensure all required on-boarding and badging steps are completed within tight deadlines
- Communicate on-boarding and badging expectations and requirements to each new hire; follow up to ensure completion
- Work cross functionally with IT, security, human resources and talent acquisition to ensure all hardware, software, badging and physical requirements are meet prior to new hire’s first day
- Complete weekly and monthly reporting including: new hires, transfers, terminations and Learning Management/Training tracking
- Administrative duties and ad hoc projects as requested by HR team such as: updating start dates, assisting in system transitions, updating and maintaining employee changes/adjustments
- Maintaining employee files
- 2 plus years of applicable work experience in a professional setting
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Communications, Human Resources or similar discipline preferred
- Impeccable attention to detail and organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with and passion for employee experience and service
- Ability to balance multiple competing priorities and maintain composure under pressure
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
At Grassroots Cannabis we are committed to improving the quality of our patients’ lives and restoring well-being. Our medical cannabis dispensaries are setting a new standard of excellence, emphasizing health and wellness in our clean and modern facilities. Our staff is well trained and attentive, striving to serve patients with great respect and compassion.
Besides dispensing medicine, we also provide a wide range of holistic services designed to help patients maintain a healthy lifestyle, reduce stress and manage pain, such as yoga and therapeutic massage.
Grassroots Cannabis provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age disability or genetics.