Join the movement!
Pharmacann Inc., one of the nation’s leading cannabis companies, is changing the way people view cannabis. Be a part of the team shaping the future of this booming industry, where our people, our reputation and our standards matter. With a strong foundation and dynamic growth plan, opportunities to join our team abound in this fast-paced environment. Are you ready to join the movement?
We’re grounded and growing. Based in Chicago, Pharmacann Inc. operates thirteen dispensaries and four production facilities across multiple states including New York, Illinois, Massachusetts, Maryland, Ohio and Pennsylvania with licensing secured in the Midwest and on the east coast. For more information about our company, please visit pharmacann.com.
On-site Security personnel are responsible for ensuring the safety and security of PharmaCann/Verilife patients, customers, employees and facilities. On-site Security personnel will ensure strict adherence to all security protocols, procedures and controls. This position has a secondary reporting relationship to the Director, Asset Protection.
Duties and responsibilities or (Essential Functions)
- Helps drive a positive customer service experience by building relationships, exhibiting empathy, and providing solutions for their needs
- Interacts with customers and store employees to maintain a safe environment
- Vigilantly performs all entry/exit control protocols
- Adheres to strict check-in procedures per state regulations
- Ensures the safety and security of all associates, patients, customers and vendors while on premises
- Monitors electronic surveillance and security alarm systems
- Performs security risk management tasks and manage access control systems
- Carries out inspections to verify the integrity of security during and after business hours
- Patrols internal and external areas
- Assists with internal and external investigations as needed with the highest level of integrity confidentiality (including theft and fraud)
- Perform Asset Protection related audits and inventory control functions
- Review and investigate POS analytical reports
- Assists in ensuring all operational policies and procedures are adhered to appropriately and professionally greets and registers patients, customers and/or employees
- Conducts staff protective security awareness campaigns and promotions
- Provides assistance as directed during an emergency
- Performs lockup and unlock duties of designated areas as required
- Reports security, fire, and safety risks and keep a record of daily activities
- Monitors traffic and parking on facility property
- Maintains a clean and organized work area
- This role may be required to assist with other duties as assigned as well as in other functions of the operation including but not limited to: call center, sales consulting, inventory, outreach, visual merchandising and delivery acceptance
- Projects a positive image of the organization to employees, customers, industry, and community
- Embodies the culture, values, and tenets of PharmaCann and full support of our purpose, goal, and key objectives
- Minimum 21 years of age
- Must have strong interpersonal skills to greet and manage patient/customer or employee interactions
- 2-3 years of previous Asset Protection and loss prevention experience in a retail setting preferred
- Valid driver’s license and ability to successfully pass a Motor Vehicle Record background check
- Steady employment history
- Pass a comprehensive background check that includes a criminal history, and obtain and maintain state agent requirements
- Communicates well with employees, customers and patients
- Strong attention to detail, and able to record information accurately
- A positive attitude
- Ability to handle interactions with irate customers in a professional manner
- Ability to escalate employee, patient or customer issues properly or to the proper personnel/management
This position operates in a professional store environment. This position routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and photocopiers. This position requires long work hours, weekends, nights, overtime as needed, holidays and open work availability. In addition, this position may require minimal travel. This position may be required to work outdoors and/or during inclement weather.
While performing the duties of this job, this position incumbent is regularly required to visually observe, talk and hear. In addition, this position incumbent is frequently required to stand for long periods of time, walk constantly, use hands or feet, reach with hands and arms and may be required to lift up to 50 pounds.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
PharmaCann, LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age disability or genetics. We value diversity, military service, and law enforcement experience. Compensation is competitive and will be commensurate with experience. Benefits are available.