PharmaCann — founded in 2014.
One of the country’s largest vertically integrated cannabis companies, providing safe, reliable, top-quality cannabis products to improve people’s lives. By investing in people, practices, and infrastructure, we are shaping a new, vital, wellness-focused industry. Our goal is to increase sustainable access to cannabis by offering effective, affordable and trusted products and services.
We are licensed in eight states to grow, process and/or dispense medical cannabis products for adult and pediatric patients, as well as for responsible adult use. We are expanding rapidly as we continue to earn new state licenses and gain recognition as a trusted resource in this evolving space.
Our dispensaries operate under the brand Verilife and are designed to help people feel better and get more enjoyment out of life by becoming comfortable with the safe, informed use of quality cannabis.
We invest in best practices at every turn to ensure people have access to the most effective options for feeling and living better. We are constantly researching and developing new forms and formulations of cannabinoid-based treatments to improve people’s well-being.
The Extraction Technician will be responsible for safely and effectively converting the cannabis materials into high quality, food safe medical cannabis oils and liquids for ingestion, inhalation, or topical application.
Duties and responsibilities or (Essential Functions)
- Perform his/her duties in a safe manner and environment while adhering to all governmental regulations for this industry
- Carry out all extraction, extract processing, product formulation, filling and manufacturing procedures in an efficient manner that also complies State Regulations, FDA cGMP’s, OSHA regulations, PharmaCann SOP’s, and all applicable laboratory procedures
- Perform corrective and preventative maintenance on associated equipment as required to maintain efficient operations
- Package of PharmaCann’s broad medical cannabis product line as needed
- Ensure compliance and accuracy involving all product tracking, product security, and product movement procedures
- Follow appropriate control measures to prevent mixing of dissimilar production components while following Current Good Manufacturing Practices
- Perform in-process and post-process quality assurance sampling, testing, and visual inspections to ensure all product meets or exceeds PharmaCann’s specifications and patients’ expectations; such quality assurance work shall include, but not limited to:
- Record and monitor process conditions to ensure compliance to standard operating procedures
- Proper weighing, data recording, and batch tracking throughout PharmaCann’s process
- Execute tests on required analytical equipment
- Work with 3rd party laboratories on sampling and lot control for their sample gathering and reporting
- Continually strive to improve PharmaCann’s processes for improved patient safety, quality, and efficient manufacturing
- Support new product and process development work with our Process/Product Development team
- Monitor and manage lab and processing equipment supplies and inventory
- Ability to author and execute manufacturing batch records and SOPs
Education: High School Diploma or G.E.D minimum
Age: State law requires that applicants be 21 years old to work for cultivation center
Experience: The ideal candidate will have at least one (1) to three (3) years of applicable medical cannabis or related extraction, formulating, and packaging experience with a focus on ensuring product safety, consumer safety and satisfaction, and high product quality. Experience with closed loop CO2 and ethanol extraction and distillation preferred
Competencies/Additional Requirements Include:
- Attention to detail
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office and Google Docs
- Good documentation practices
- Mechanically inclined
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong work ethic
- Willingness to learn and improve each operation
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks for long periods of time (i.e., trimming plants, weighing product, and regular inventory)
- Availability to work occasional weekends and holidays
- Some travel may be required for training purposes
Standing, bending, and lifting up to 50 pounds by themselves and 75+ pounds with a buddy, carrying product totes, pushing carts, moving and making adjustments to process equipment. Ability to be fitted for, and wear protective gear.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
PharmaCann, LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age disability or genetics. We value diversity, military service, and law enforcement experience. Compensation is competitive and will be commensurate with experience. Benefits are available.