Join the movement!
Pharmacann Inc., one of the nation’s leading cannabis companies, is changing the way people view cannabis. Be a part of the team shaping the future of this booming industry, where our people, our reputation and our standards matter. With a strong foundation and dynamic growth plan, opportunities to join our team abound in this fast-paced environment. Are you ready to join the movement?
We’re grounded and growing. Based in Chicago, Pharmacann Inc. operates thirteen dispensaries and four production facilities across multiple states including New York, Illinois, Massachusetts, Maryland, Ohio and Pennsylvania with licensing secured in the Midwest and on the east coast. For more information about our company, please visit pharmacann.com.
The General Manager is responsible for leading through PharmaCann’s mission, vision, and values in order to develop a high-performing team that consistently delivers top-line sales growth.
The GM leads a team of dispensary managers who specialize in DOR’s (division of responsibility) and is accountable for all aspects of managing a single retail store (as well as all other projects/duties as assigned).
This leader drives the business through a DOR focus on Hospitality (customer service, sales training, product knowledge, loyalty and leadership development), Product (visual presentation, product performance and promotions), and Operations (receiving orders, policy and procedures, expense control, compliance, and loss prevention). This position requires a passion for process excellence, a drive for results, and the ability to lead and influence.
The General Manager is responsible for overseeing the financial success of the store and has full P&L responsibility. The GM is responsible for responding to business needs and strategizing around business trends in order to drive profitable top line sales growth.
The General Manager must also have experience in assessing, recruiting and screening talent.
Duties and responsibilities or (Essential Functions)
- Meet or exceed goals related to total store sales, profitability, and operational excellence
- Forecast and adjust payroll to maximize productivity, achieve sales & payroll goals, and complete workload
- Build a team that embodies the PharmaCann brand by delivering exceptional service and driving customer loyalty therefore increasing return visits
- Review and interpret financial and operational reporting regularly, including store visit and audit results
- Identify underperforming metrics and develop strategies that leverage company programs, tools, and resources to improve and grow the business
- Create and ensure a cohesive work environment
- Attract, hire, and retain a diverse team of top talent
- Place the right people in the right roles, specifically the management DOR program
- Train, coach, and develop direct reports using company programs, tools, and resources
- Create an environment that inspires and encourages the growth and engagement of associates
- Model an environment of open communication by sharing enterprise strategy and corporate messaging to associates
- Promote a culture of teamwork by working alongside the management team, establishing priorities, and providing clear direction
- Be proficient in, and ensure compliance with PharmaCann policies, regulations adherence, procedures, and compliance standards
- Use the company’s scheduling tool as directed to schedule the right associates in the right places, at the right times in order to provide an exceptional customer experience, reduce loss, and execute company directives
- Protect company assets and minimize loss by ensuring all store standards and operating procedures are met, including workplace safety, inventory control, compliance and loss prevention
- Support continuous improvement by implementing company programs and influencing end-user’s buy in
- The General Manager may perform other related duties as required by the Company, field leadership, and especially with regard to serving the customer
- Projects a positive image of the organization to employees, customers, industry, and community
- Embodies the culture, values, and tenets of PharmaCann and full support of our purpose, goal, and key objectives
- This role may be required to assist with other duties as assigned as well as in other functions of the operation including but not limited to: call center, inventory, sales consulting, delivery acceptance, outreach, security, visual merchandising and as interim GM for other locations
- Minimum 21 years of age
- Bachelor’s in business or operations management or a related field preferred
- 5 + years of managerial experience preferably in a retail-based industry with a customer-centric approach
- 1+ year PharmaCann Management experience will be considered
- 2+ years Dispensary Management experience will be considered
- Demonstrated ability to achieve individual selling goals and metrics
- Proven ability to drive sales results, able to analyze selling reports, identify business trends and react quickly to the needs of the business
- Comfortable and confident in making decisions and mediating conflict within a team environment
- Ability to address complex issues and allocate time to execute multiple tasks and changing priorities.
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication and customer service skills
- Ability to identify top talent and train/develop/retain great people
- Proficient in windows – based software such as Excel, Word and Outlook
- Business Acumen
- Communication Proficiency
- Ethical Conduct
- Relationship Management
- Performance Management
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
- Consulting Skills
- Global & Cultural Awareness
- Valid driver’s license and ability to successfully pass a Motor Vehicle Record background check
This job operates in a professional retail store environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and photocopiers. This position regularly requires a flex schedule, long hours, nights, weekend work and holiday availability. May be required to work outdoors and/or during inclement weather. This position may require travel for new store openings within the territory
- Ability to bend, open and move product and fixtures lift up to 50 lbs., as needed
- Ability to climb step stools and ladders
- Ability to stand/walk for long periods at a time
- Possess manual dexterity and hand – eye coordination
- Ability to travel to other store locations (as needed) and attend district meetings
This position directly manages the Assistant General Manager and/or Managers and is responsible for all employees of each DOR department and for the performance management and hiring of the employees for the location
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
PharmaCann, LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age disability or genetics. We value diversity, military service, and law enforcement experience. Compensation is competitive and will be commensurate with experience. Benefits are available.