Join the movement!
One of the country’s largest vertically integrated cannabis companies, providing safe, reliable, top-quality cannabis products to improve people’s lives. By investing in people, practices, and infrastructure, we are shaping a new, vital, wellness-focused industry. Our goal is to increase sustainable access to cannabis by offering effective, affordable and trusted products and services.
We are licensed in eight states to grow, process and/or dispense medical cannabis products for adult and pediatric patients, as well as for responsible adult use. We are expanding rapidly as we continue to earn new state licenses and gain recognition as a trusted resource in this evolving space.
The Human Resources Generalist develops and maintains strong relationships with managers and employees and provides overall HR support to the company’s Retail organization. This role will have both tactical and strategic responsibilities, helping to plan and administer important functions, such as staffing, employee relations, training and development, and compensation and benefits.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for the day-to-day HR support and serves as the HR subject matter expert to all employees.
- Provide support to internal customers in areas of recruiting, benefits, employee relations, employee engagement, compensation, performance management, leave management, training and development, and onboarding.
- Acts as an advisor and provides HR expertise and support to the management team regarding the application of employment laws and corporate policies when addressing specific business issues.
- Leads training sessions and new employee orientation. Creates a positive first experience with the company.
- Works with employees and leaders to drive the overall goals of the company.
- Adheres to existing policies and procedures to ensure compliance with state and federal laws, corporate policies, and business objectives; Effectively communicates policies and change initiatives.
- Works with leaders to support their recruitment and hiring efforts.
- Uses sound judgment to provide effective performance management guidance in the areas of coaching, counseling, career development, corrective actions.
- Creates, coordinates, and conducts live and virtual management training on various topics including but not limited to performance management, talent management, anti-harassment etc.
- Participates in organization-wide projects and champions organizational engagement and execution.
- Supports new market development and operationalizing PharmaCann’s presence in these new markets.
- Bachelor’s degree in HR, Business or Organizational Development. PHR or SPHR strongly preferred.
- 5+ years of progressive HR and HR generalist experience.
- Experience supporting retail organization.
- Experience supporting union workforce required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite.
- Working knowledge of state and federal employment laws.
- Ability to plan and execute programs and projects, and manage day-to-day HR responsibilities.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and maintain high confidentiality while handling multiple tasks.
- Ability to analyze problems, exercise judgment and make sound objective decisions.
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in human resources operations, policies, processes, and procedures.
- Excellent communication skills, business acumen, and working knowledge of human resources.
The position will operate both in a professional office environment and in the field. Occasional travel will be required.
The role routinely uses standard office equipment and will require routine dispensaries on-site visits.
Evenings and weekend availability is expected, as this role supports the Illinois Adult Use retail organization.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
PharmaCann, LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age disability or genetics. We value diversity, military service, and law enforcement experience. Compensation is competitive and will be commensurate with experience. Benefits are available.