Dispensaries Near Me in Illinois
Recreational marijuana dispensaries in Illinois as well as for medical use are now both legal in the state. Open dispensaries that are already participating in the Illinois medical marijuana program are the first shops to sell recreational weed, concentrates, and edibles. Several new cannabis stores will also be opening soon to service the adult use market.
Recreational Cannabis Rules For Adults Only
Yes, recreational weed in Illinois for adult use has been legalized via The Illinois Cannabis Regulation & Tax Act. It’s now legal to go to the store, no card, no cops, and buy a range of CBD and THC products right off the shelf. As of January 1, 2020, anyone over the age of 21 can legally purchase cannabis for recreational use.
Possession limit for Illinois residents:
- 30 grams of cannabis flower.
- 5 grams of cannabis concentrate.
- 500 milligrams of THC contained in a cannabis-infused product.
- People may possess more than 30 grams of cannabis if it is grown and secured in their home under certain conditions.
Possession limit for non-Illinois residents:
- 15 grams of cannabis flower;
- 2.5 grams of cannabis;
- 250 milligrams of THC contained in a cannabis-infused product.
- The possession limits are to be considered cumulative.