Recreational and medical marijuana are now both legal in the state. Open dispensaries that already sell medical marijuana were the first shops to sell recreational weed products including concentrates, and edibles. New cannabis stores will be opening throughout 2022 to service the adult use market.
Recreational Cannabis Rules For Adults Only
Yes, recreational weed in Illinois for adult use has been legalized via The Illinois Cannabis Regulation & Tax Act. It’s now legal to go to the store, no card, no cops, and buy a range of CBD and THC products right off the shelf. As of January 1, 2020, anyone over the age of 21 can legally purchase cannabis for recreational use.
Possession limit for Illinois residents:
- 30 grams of cannabis flower.
- 5 grams of cannabis concentrate.
- 500 milligrams of THC contained in a cannabis-infused product.
- People may possess more than 30 grams of cannabis if it is grown and secured in their home under certain conditions.
Possession limit for non-Illinois residents:
- 15 grams of cannabis flower;
- 2.5 grams of cannabis;
- 250 milligrams of THC contained in a cannabis-infused product.
- The possession limits are to be considered cumulative.