Acreage Holdings is a fully integrated cannabis company, with the goal of being the leading innovator in this new and burgeoning industry. Under the umbrella of Acreage Holdings, In Grown Farms is seeking a full time Lab Manager for our production facility in Freeport, IL.
What you do:
- Set up and manage the inputs and outputs of an analytical lab
- Supervise and coordinate all daily laboratory operations.
- Allocate laboratory resources efficiently to ensure that production requirements are met while maintaining a quality level per regulations.
- Ensure that all laboratory personnel are properly trained and that laboratory procedures are compliant and being followed
- Responsible for calibration and preventative maintenance management for all laboratory equipment/instruments
- Coordinating pick-ups or drop offs of materials to be tested with the third-party analytical testing laboratory
- Review documentation and test records for accuracy, completeness and compliance to requirements
- Ensures lab compliance with all safety and quality standards.
- Act as a host and/or participate in audits/inspections by internal auditors and external auditors.
- Implements new programs, tests, methods, instrumentation, and procedures
- Develop/implement new programs, procedures, instrumentations to improve laboratory efficiency and reduce costs.
- Initiate the hiring of technical staff, prepare performance reviews and provide guidance to laboratory staff.
- Tests requested product in a timely manner, providing analytics on product, preserving all data in accordance with compliance and regulations.
- 1+ years’ of laboratory experience in a supervisor capacity
- Experience with HPLC equipment
- Strong instrumentation skill sets are required
- Bachelor’s degree in a laboratory science from an accredited institution. A degree in Organic Chemistry or Chemical Engineering is preferred but not required
- Experience in the pharmaceutical industry is preferred but not required
- Experience with distillation equipment and processes is preferred but not required
- Familiar with laboratory analysis reports, stability reports, Certificate of Analysis, Raw Material release and technical reports.
- Demonstrated experience working in a highly regulated environment (ISO, OSHA and FDA) is preferred. Understanding of regulatory compliance and basic quality systems under ISO, or related standards is a must.
- Ability to schedule and plan workloads, implement systems and projects that align with strategic objectives of the company.
- Strong computer skills and familiarity with Windows operating systems.
- Ability to work effectively as team leader and guide
- Ability to remain calm in periods of high stress or unusual activity
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and absolute reliability and honesty
- Extended time standing, walking, bending, and reaching
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds for a distance of 100 feet
- Close visual focus required
- This position occasionally requires the extended and repetitive use of arms, hands and fingers to cut and manipulate small objects
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check.