Deibel Labs is a Food & Cannabis Testing Laboratory in Lincolnwood, IL and is seeking a Chemist for a full-time position (40 hours/week and benefits included). Competitive salary based upon knowledge and experience. Company pays 100% of health insurance premiums for self and family. Company also offers a self-funded dental plan, vision plan, and 401K option along with profit sharing. Please submit a cover letter and resume for consideration.
Compensation: D.O.E. including competitive benefits package.
Schedules Open: Sunday – Thursday & Tuesday – Saturday 9AM – 5:30PM
Duties & Responsibilities:
Chemist will primarily be responsible for running, troubleshooting and analyzing cannabis samples with a GC, HPLC and/or ICP system utilizing standardized and in-house lab methodology; writing and reviewing standard operating procedures (SOPs); and performing basic and complex laboratory operations including sampling, chromatographic and material assays. A depth of experience in spectral and chromatographic data interpretation and validation is required. A high level of competency in trace analysis of contaminants, pesticides, or drug compounds and a clear understanding of acceptable practices for data and method validation are needed.
- Set up, run and troubleshoot GC, HPLC and ICP systems.
- Maintains validated ISO 17025 standards of performance for analytical chemical testing.
- Demonstrates leadership ability and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Formulates and clearly communicates ideas, both verbally and in writing.
- Works independently with little guidance, and within a collaborative group environment.
- Develop procedures for documenting results from data collected.
- Ensure test equipment is clean, maintained and in good working order.
- Maintain a safe, clean and sanitary work area.
- Ensure high quality standards are met through performing frequent calibrations and quality checks.
- Bachelors of Science Degree or greater.
- 2 years analytical lab experience. (prior experience with cannabis is preferred)
- Experience with creating statistical methods of data analysis.
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Specific training for TNI 2009 Standard, NELAC Institute quality requirements, or ISO 17025 Standard.
- Experience with the following instrumentation: HPLC, GCMS, LC-MS/MS, GC-MS/MS, ICPMS. Experience must be other than academic.
- Experience with method development and optimization.
- Hands-on experience with instrument maintenance and trouble-shooting.
- Experience importing, validating and exporting electronic data in a variety of formats.
- Proven organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to stand for long periods.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Must be willing to have a flexible schedule for days that require overtime.
- Must live within 40 miles of Lincolnwood, Illinois. No relocation packages available.
Please check out our website at www.DeibelLabs.com for more information on our company. Our Career Resources Team will reach out to candidates with further instructions to apply.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $17.00 to $22.00 /hour
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- One location
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends required
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible