Deibel Labs is a Food Testing Laboratory in Lincolnwood, IL and is seeking a full time Field Technician I – Driver for a full-time position (40 hours/week and benefits included). Company pays 100% of health insurance premiums for self and family. Company also offers a self-funded dental plan, vision plan, and 401K option along with profit sharing. Please submit a cover letter and resume for consideration.
Shift Open: Monday – Friday 5:30am – 2pm
Must possess a clean driving record (6 years or more) and reliable transportation.
Must be comfortable working with and around cannabis products.
All employment offers will be contingent upon successful completion of a background check, to include a Motor Vehicle Report (MVR) which must be clear to proceed.
Candidates selected for an interview will be asked to provide an MVR printout at the time of their interview.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Follow all internal laboratory and State regulations while taking samples and driving to and from the laboratory/clients’ sampling site
- Interact with customers during sample collection and submission
- Strive to maximize driving route efficiency
- Maintain records of samples and transportation data per relevant procedures
- Maintain sampling supply/equipment inventory
- Complete vehicle operational logs and minor maintenance as needed
- Follow good documentation practices, data integrity principles, and safety behaviors
- Promote a professional company image through exemplary customer relationship skills
- Refer customer inquiries, routing or schedule change requests, and/or complaints to the appropriate Manager
- Ensure proper sample submission and chain of custody protocols are followed
- Suggest and implement continuous process improvement initiatives
- Support laboratory-based functions including sample intake/preparation, etc.
- Perform other activities as assigned by management
- Must be at least 25 years of age (for insurance purposes)
- MUST live within 30 miles of Lincolnwood, IL
- Previous long-distance driving / delivery experience is required
- Must have a valid driver’s license; must have and maintain a clean DMV driving record for at least the previous 6 years
- Must be able to pass a background check
- Ability to maintain a professional appearance
- Must demonstrate a passion for getting things done the right way, display confidence with offering suggestions to enhance process efficiency, and the ability to take direction well
- Skills: Read, write, and speak English, use of email applications; must be able to program and follow driving navigation software
- Abilities: Follow written and verbal instructions; work effectively within collaborative team
- Other characteristics: Strong attention to detail; must possess excellent planning skills
- Must be able to repeatedly lift up to 50 lbs.
- Sitting for long periods of time; may also be subject to bending, stooping, pushing and pulling
- High School Diploma or General Educational Development (GED) and have at least 1 year of previous driving experience. Preferred: Completed 2 years college or university education, and/or completed 2 or more years previous delivery driving experience.
Please check out our website at www.DeibelLabs.com for more information on our company. Our Career Resources Team will reach out to candidates with further instructions to apply.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.00 to $16.00 /hour
- driving: 2 years (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- On the road
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly
- Monday to Friday
- Day shift
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible