Electrical – Mechanical Maintenance Technician – 2nd Shift
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Acreage Holdings is a fully integrated cannabis company, with the goal of being the leading innovator in this new and burgeoning industry. The Electrical-Mechanical Maintenance Technician fulfills an integral function in the Freeport, IL Cultivation and Processing center. The purpose of the Electrical-Mechanical Technician is to maintain industrial/commercial machinery and the facility to OEM specifications. Maintaining OEM specifications is achieved through a preventative and predictive maintenance utilizing work order system that will typically direct the work of the Maintenance Technician. On the fly emergency troubleshooting will also be required if the machine goes down at unscheduled times. Although both mechanical and electrical specialists are encouraged to apply, these positions require a generalist skill in both areas mechanical and electrical.
What you do:
- Work closely with the operational stake holders to manage facilities and equipment safely in accordance with operational needs.
- Review blueprints. electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic schematics for maintenance and installation purposes.
- Install and maintain equipment such as, but not limited to v-belt, belt drive, chain drive, taper locks, Q-D and ring feeder shaft mounting devices for pulleys, torque wrenches, copper pipping, bearings and other mechanical equipment as needed.
- fabricating bespoke parts using various equipment such as milling machines and presses.
- Able to weld to provide for equipment repair and maintenance.
- Identify, troubleshoot, program, calibrate various PLC components.
- Repair equipment, along with repairs including but not limited to grow lights (LED, halogen, fluorescent, and other lighting components), fans, HVAC, plumbing, electrical, etc.
- Execute work request system along with a record keeping process.
- Process and log all maintenance and repair work to include daily report on the status of repairs.
- Conduct all duties in compliance with OSHA, state and company safety regulations, conducting safety inspections to ensure all equipment is operating optimally and create a cadence for ongoing inspections.
- Aid in receiving and storing of supplies and materials across all departments
- Aids ICC (I) to verify manifest, break down pallets and boxes, and stages/stores all supplies to proper destination.
- Installs new equipment as needed.
- Manages facility repair requests
- Scheduling when maintenance is outside of realm of expertise, but continuously learning from contractors to eliminate the need for outside services when possible.
- Communicates with the janitorial services to ensure cleanliness and stocking of the common areas
- Troubleshoots minor maintenance problems involving electrical, structural, plumbing, and equipment repair or replacement. (Major repairs may include planning and coordination with external contractors or licensed tradesman.)
- Performs preventive maintenance procedures on building mechanical equipment and systems
- Helps team complete daily, weekly and monthly checklists on building equipment maintenance procedures and maintains records of scheduled maintenance procedures
- Aids in obtaining estimates for supplies, repair parts; and assist with ordering items as needed
- Responsible for accountability of vehicles, tools, materials, and equipment when necessary and ensures that they are used safely, effectively, and efficiently
- Ensures that all facility resources are well-maintained, well-organized, and reordered promptly
- Aids in yearly review of all processes to ensure proper permitting and licensing
- Assists with the Operations Manual and SOP maintenance relating to Facilities Maintenance
- Other duties as assigned
- Scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent experience. Associate’s Degree strongly preferred
- 5 years of experience in building and mechanical equipment maintenance and repair
- Advanced knowledge of HVAC, plumbing, electrical, carpentry, drywall, tile, miscellaneous repairs and maintenance or an acceptable equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experienced with MS Word, Excel, computerized maintenance management and project management software
- Knowledge of the medical marijuana industry strongly preferred or other highly regulated industry
- Work history showing flexibility and willingness to accept additional projects or challenges
- Knowledge of a variety of building maintenance procedures and techniques
- Knowledge of machinery, equipment, and tools necessary for the maintenance and repair of buildings
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions
- Skill in reading and following blueprints and assembly instructions
- Skills in following safety practices and recognizing hazards
- Skill in using hand and power tools
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos
- Ability to write simple correspondence
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization
- Successful track-record with being a team player
- Flexibility and creativity with finding solutions
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and absolute reliability and honesty
- Welding and fabrication experience preferred
- The ability to lift 50 pounds regularly and carry for a distance of 100 feet
- The ability to move safely over uneven terrain or in confined spaces
- This position requires occasional extended and repetitive use of arms, hands, and fingers to cut and manipulate small objects
- The ability to wear personal protective gear correctly most of the day
- Extended time standing, walking, bending, and reaching
- Must be able to pass background check
A successful candidate will need to be 21 years of age and in compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. Must complete a State/Federal background check and fingerprinting in addition to drug screening pre-employment.
Job Type: Full-time