Berlin Packaging is the nation’s premier supplier of rigid packaging and packaging components. We are a $2.6 billion-dollar company with 30+ straight years of record growth.
Don’t know what makes the rigid packaging industry special? Well, chances are you enjoy products supplied by Berlin Packaging every day! Imagine yourself walking into your favorite big-box store. Take a mental look around and think about every glass, plastic, or metal package you see. Berlin Packaging touches virtually every market: automotive, beverage, food, home care, industrial chemical, pet care and veterinary, personal health and beauty, wine and spirits, and now, cannabis too.
Next, combine that with an award-winning culture. Our 1,000+ employees are high-performing – and importantly, collaborative – entrepreneurs who blow through obstacles and embody an “Anything is Possible!” mindset. We love it here. Our engagement scores are 3x the national average. And every single employee shares in Berlin’s profitable growth.
Now you understand why since 1898, our 100+ year-old company has grown 10x faster than our industry!
And we’re not done yet.
In order to continue our record growth streak, we need people like YOU to join our team! Are you up for the opportunity of a lifetime? If so, we are seeking a Master Data Associate for Berlin Packaging’s Master Data and Product Information team and who is responsible for collecting and maintaining product item specifications.
The Master Data Associate position works in Berlin Packaging’s Master Data and Product Information team and is responsible for collecting and maintaining product/item specifications. This position is responsible for the accuracy of master data records contained in the PIM system. This includes the addition, deletion and maintenance of master data records. The Associate will also serve as a resource to the Berlin Packaging user community in problem resolution as it relates to Fortitude(ERP) and PIM master data information. The Master Data Associate facilitates the implementation and support of Berlin Packaging products to enhance the organization’s business functionality and overall performance, while maintaining a high degree of customer satisfaction.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Support operational activities through direct data entry of product master data in the PIM system.
- Data gathering: Work with Berlin Packaging user community to identify, verify and compile all related master data for all domains in scope. Data collection includes design concepts, technical drawings, samples and attribute required to properly differentiate products by supplier.
- Process execution: Execute processes to ensure seamless consumption of data by business users.
- Data conformance and hygiene: Create, maintain & standardize data according to established standards in the PIM system.
- Validate data through market & end-use research to accurately categorize & classify items prior to data entry.
- Adhere to all company controls and processes.
- Ensure urgent requests are processed immediately and SLAs are met.
- BA/BS in similar disciplines, packaging, market research or business, or working experience
- Proficient in Microsoft office suite, with excellent skills in Microsoft excel.
- A proven track record of critical-thinking & problem-solving skills with strong business acumen.
- Strong collaboration and communication skills.
- Comfort with technology and cloud-based systems. SQL server experience a plus.
- Ability to build relationships with the business and suppliers
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams.
- “Hands-on” change agent with a “results-driven” mindset.
- Confident functioning in a “start-up” environment.
- Exempt status
- Eligible for Corporate Improshare Bonus Plan and WINGS Bonus Plan
Work Environment: Office Environment
Berlin offers an outstanding compensation and benefits package including profit sharing, 401(k) with company match, medical insurance (including an HSA option and telemedicine), dental, vision, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, health club reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, 529 college savings plan, employee assistance, smoking cessation program, pet insurance (new!), employee discounts, employee referral bonus program, and, last but not least, flexible spending accounts for transportation, medical, and dependent care.