Acreage Holdings is a fully integrated cannabis company, with the goal of being the leading innovator in this new and burgeoning industry. Under the umbrella of Acreage Holdings, In Grown Farms is seeking a full time Cannabis Packaging Manager for our production facility in Freeport, IL. The Packaging Manager oversees all phases of packaging and must be proficient with tracking and monitoring systems. Works closely with other stake holders for daily personnel needs and to meet quality standards.
What you do:
- Ensures the safe, accurate, and timely production of product packaging.
- Ensures cleanliness, safety and efficiency of the production area
- Maintains quality control measures to ensure a high-quality product.
- Ensures compliance with State regulations and testing requirements
- Understands the proper and safe handling of hazardous materials
- Develops SOPs to ensure safety, quality, and consistent processes
- Prepares inventory reports to ensure products are available, accurate and in demand
- Maintains packaging inventory and to ensure a seamless production schedule.
- Ensures accurate weighing and inventory; all products are packaged, counted, sorted, and labeled accurately
- Effectively leads and manages the daily activities of the packaging staff, assigning tasks, adjusting schedules and assigning breaks as needed to realize high quality product results, efficient workflows and motivated staff
- Other duties as assigned and needed.
- Minimum 2+ year of working in a commercial cannabis production environment
- Minimum 2+ year of management experience
- Must pass state mandated background check
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent experience required
- Knowledge of computer and office equipment and programs (Seed to sale, inventory systems; MS Office Suite programs)
- Extensive math and analytical skills required for inventory, data analysis, projections, measurements, calculations
- Principles and practices related to the indoor packaging of cannabis including extensive knowledge of various cannabis product.
- Effective and efficient communication skills are essential to successfully interact & communicate with wide variety of staffing levels
- Excellent time-management skills; ability to effectively plan and prioritize
- Skill in managing physical resources (budgeting, inventories, equipment, materials)
- Attention to detail
- Mechanical skill
- Ability to work effectively as team leader and guide
- Ability to remain calm in periods of high stress or unusual activity
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and absolute reliability and honesty
- Extended time standing, walking, bending, and reaching
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds for a distance of 100 feet
- Close visual focus required
- This position occasionally requires the extended and repetitive use of arms, hands and fingers to cut and manipulate small objects