The Zen Leaf Dispensary is dedicated to providing excellent patient care on every visit in an efficient and friendly manner. We are currently seeking full and part-time Patient Care Advisors (PCA) to join our St. Charles dispensary. The Patient Care Advisory is responsible for providing exceptional individualized customer service, educational consulting, and patient record management. This job pairs unparalleled attention to a patient’s needs with ongoing inventory maintenance.
This is a fast-paced retail job. Each PCA focuses on one patient at a time in a medical boutique setting. A successful PCA will demonstrate strong analytical and problem solving skills, effective verbal and listening communications skills, and computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite. Accountability, dependability, and adaptability are all necessary skills in a growing industry that strictly complies with the regulations of the Illinois Department of Health.
- Welcomes all visitors to the dispensary and verifies patients/caregivers’ IL medical cannabis card and identification
- Adheres to compliance guidelines when allowing patient and caregivers access to the facility
- Possesses a thorough knowledge of medical cannabis products and pricing to provide exceptional customer service to dispensary patients and caregivers;
- Advises qualifying patients and caregivers on medical cannabis products in compliance with all dispensing rules, regulations, and limitations in a friendly and professional manner
- Provides patients and caregivers with information on types, methods and effectiveness of different medical marijuana products (does not provide medical advice)
- Dispenses regulated products in compliance with state dispensing limitations, including limits on the quantity dispensed, limits on the form or dosage of medical marijuana, limits on the types of products dispensed, and/or the frequency of purchases
- Stocks, merchandises, and replenishes displays of regulated and unregulated inventory
- Completes all sales by entering accurate data for each transaction in the business management software platforms in compliance with company policies and state dispensing limitations
- Verifies the identity of patients and caregivers, physician’s recommendations (including form or dosage recommendations), and the validity of the patient or caregiver identification card prior to sale
- Providing a personal experience to every medical cannabis patient in a non-judgmental and educational environment
- Working in compliance with HIPAA guidelines to manage patient confidentiality
- Dedication to helping Illinois medical marijuana community find the best products for their different needs
- Strong computer skills, point of sale software and cash management knowledge.
- Flexibility to accommodate scheduling demands including some weekends, regularly scheduled shifts, and applicable holidays.
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to resolve matters in a professional manner.
- Prior customer service, healthcare, or hospitality
- Must be 21 years of age or older and be able to pass a state and federal criminal background check
- High school degree or general education degree (GED) is required for all positions
- Knowledge of cannabis plant varieties and uses a plus
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- Customer Service: 2 years (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Saint Charles, IL (Required)
- United States (Required)