Summary: The Product Launch Manager is responsible for coordinating all activities related to the successful launch of new products to market. The role will support both the local State Cultivation and Manufacturing Facility and act as the key point of contact to the COE.
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following activities.
- Operational Execution – Plan, organize, direct and manage the optimized day-to-day operational activities for product launch in order to exceed our customers’ expectations and achieve business objectives.
- End-to-End Activity – Manage end-to-end product launch activities ensuring all deliverables are met, including:
- Adherence to the staged gate process and timelines
- Provide insights to forecasting and capacity planning requirements
- Communicate inventory availability for product launch
- Ensure equipment capability needs are met
- Support product SOP definition and implementation
- Coordinate packaging requirements
- Enable inter-site coordination as required
- Ensure all regulatory and permitting approvals are required
- Communicate and support resolution of any roadblocks
- Understand any resource needs and training requirements, etc.
- Local R&D – Support local R&D, where it exists governed through the Acreage stage gate process
- SOP Standardization – Implement a standardized approach to product launch ensuring consistent workflow optimization across all functions at the local level.
- Compliance – Ensure compliance with all company standards and requirements.
- Functional Alignment and Support – Ensure alignment with other key Stakeholders and provide support as required.
- Performance Definition – Track relevant performance targets to maximize performance in key areas including costs, service and on time product launch. Implement a continuous improvement program to resolve underlying issues impacting performance and deliver improvement across the operation.
To perform this role successfully, an individual must be able to perform the duties referenced to a high level of competency. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Educated to Degree Level (Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Business or another relevant field)
- Post-secondary education preferred
Work Experience Required
- 3+ years experience in CPG or Cannabis environment
- Knowledge of Cannabis industry preferred
- Operated in a large scale environment
Core Skills and Capabilities
- Strong understanding of new product innovation and launch processes
- Excellent leadership, communication and people management skills
- Financial budget planning, analysis and reporting skills
- Ability to write business reports and undertake presentations
- Ability to collaborate and work as a Team in a matrix organization
- Demonstrable execution capability
- Proactive problem solver
- Operates with a bias for action and a sense of urgency
- Great decision making and judgement skills
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the job
- Fully conversant in written and spoken English