In Grown Farms is a subsidiary of Acreage Holdings focused on growing and producing high quality product in the Illinois market.
The Production Technician will be responsible for various processes associated with cannabis product development. The Technician provides the daily care and focused attention necessary to process and package clean high quality, safe medicine for our patients. The successful candidate will possess a keen attention to detail and record keeping, and a willingness to continually learn more about the subject. The entry-level position offers the opportunity to learn and grow with the Company from the ground up, and to take on increasing levels of responsibility over time.
Duties and Responsibilities
The main responsibilities of the Production Technician include all aspects of the daily care of medicine from harvest to packaging; monitoring weights and measurements; presentation; and maintain the highest levels of cleanliness and sterility inside the processing area. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assists in harvesting, processing and packaging finished medicine
- Prepare equipment and plant materials for extraction
- Maintain strict inventory records of all plant materials, chemicals and equipment used in the laboratory
- Records and tracks accurate weights and measurements of medicine throughout the processing and packaging procedures using company systems and protocols
- Maintains cleanliness of laboratory, keep post processing glassware clean and ready for use, help to clean extraction equipment and general laboratory facility duties
- Inspects medicine for defects using a variety of magnification tools
- Assist in cannabis extraction preparation, winterization, and filtration
- Must be able to proficiently handle the following hazardous materials; butane, propane, ethanol, pentane, isopropyl alcohol, critically hot material, cryogenic cold material
- Calibrates, operates, cleans, and stress packaging equipment including heat sealers, etc. according to Company policy and as directed by the Processing Manager
- Maintains quality control measures to ensure a high-quality product
- Ensures compliance with State regulations and testing requirements
- Prepares inventory reports to ensure products are available, on point and in demand
- Maintains inventory of supplies, materials, equipment, including material safety data sheets for all chemicals and products
- Demonstrates basic knowledge of cannabis medical products (distillate, oils, terpenes, tinctures, topicals, concentrates, edibles etc.)
- Receive, unpack, and deliver goods/supplies; re-stock items as necessary; label shelves etc.
- Review the processing schedule and forecasts for key dates, quantities, strains, etc.
- Advise on the effects of management decisions relating to processing, strain selection, and processes
- Interact with Metrc, inventory systems, and Excel reports to ensure that all material is being tracked in accordance with state law; as well as logging and reporting as required by state law
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in horticulture, botany, or related field, preferred
- Knowledge of basic computer and office equipment operations (inventory systems; Word; Excel; Office equipment such as copiers/telephone systems)
- Math required for inventory, projections, and measurements
- Associate degree in biology or chemistry, preferred.
- Work history showing progressive responsibility, willingness to accept additional projects or challenges
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Must be a self-starter, flexible to work in a collaborative structure and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with a commercial cannabis, Agricultural, or landscaping facility/company preferred
- Advanced knowledge of the cannabis plant and genetics strongly preferred, though a strong agricultural background may be considered
- Knowledge of large-scale commercial plant cultivation including nutrient requirements, mediums, light requirements, temperature control, humidity manipulation, air flow, etc.
- Knowledge of different strains of cannabis and their unique growing demands desired
- Ability to execute techniques consistently
- Good documentation, inventory, and organization skills
- Ability to keep to a tight schedule
- Must be proficient with computers
- Excellent time-management skills
- Ability to effectively plan and prioritize, maintain confidentiality, attention to detail, work effectively as part of a team and communicate clearly and calmly.
- Extended time standing, walking, bending, and reaching
- Close visual focus required
- This position occasionally requires the extended and repetitive use of arms, hands and fingers to cut and manipulate small objects
- Must pass State Mandated Background Check