Recreational Buyer – Illinois
We’re Grassroots, a new cannabis company that’s all about living deeply. We started in Illinois and we’re growing nationally from the ground up. We care deeply, about our plants, our products and the people they serve. Our team brings an unmatched depth of expertise and commitment to perfection to every cannabis seedling we cultivate, and every product we invent. We may be one of the largest medical cannabis dispensary owners in the country with licenses in a growing number of states, but we operate like a hometown business in the same communities where we live with our families and friends. In doing so, we connect deeply, to one another, to our communities and to a larger movement. We’re always looking for new talent to join our team and to move our growing industry forward.
The Recreational Buyer will have knowledge of strains, concentrates, and edibles and will utilize a successful track record of buying experience to enhance the Grassroots brand. The Recreational Buyer will be responsible for managing day-to-day purchasing activities that all drive towards the strategic goals of the organization: enhanced sales, enhanced margins, and a world-class patient experience.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Creates purchasing strategies that tie to financial goals of each dispensary
- Works with store operations team to craft localized assortments and sales forecasts to drive profitability
- Develops strong relationships with suppliers of cannabis products to ensure consistent access to product for our patients
- Responsible for managing the full lifecycle of buying: product innovation, vendor meetings, costing negotiations, executive reporting, pricing analysis, promotional calendars, and product exit strategies
- Builds reports to enhance decision making at all levels of the organization. Reports will include: best sellers, promotional expectations, and dispensary performance
- Audit purchasing processes to create “best in class” behaviors
- Understands the competitive landscape and identifies opportunities for Grassroots brands and products
- Manage appropriate inventory levels to ensure dispensaries can exceed sales expectations
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field in relevant field
- Experience in retail buying, merchandising, planning, or allocation
- Strong presentation skills and ability to listen
- Ability to make decisions under pressure
- Must be a self-starter who likes to solve complex problems
- Solutions based team member
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel and Tableau
- Ability to gather / analyze data and to work with incomplete information
- Mathematical / analytical mindset
- Preferred cannabis experience
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
At Grassroots Cannabis we are committed to improving the quality of our patients’ lives and restoring well-being. Our medical cannabis dispensaries are setting a new standard of excellence, emphasizing health and wellness in our clean and modern facilities. Our staff is well trained and attentive, striving to serve patients with great respect and compassion.
Besides dispensing medicine, we also provide a wide range of holistic services designed to help patients maintain a healthy lifestyle, reduce stress and manage pain, such as yoga and therapeutic massage.
Grassroots Cannabis provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age disability or genetics.