Regional Field Marketing Manager
We’re Grassroots, a new cannabis company that’s all about living deeply. We started in Illinois and we’re growing nationally from the ground up. We care deeply, about our plants, our products and the people they serve. Our team brings an unmatched depth of expertise and commitment to perfection to every cannabis seedling we cultivate, and every product we invent. We may be one of the largest medical cannabis dispensary owners in the country with licenses in a growing number of states, but we operate like a hometown business in the same communities where we live with our families and friends. In doing so, we connect deeply, to one another, to our communities and to a larger movement. We’re always looking for new talent to join our team and to move our growing industry forward.
The ideal candidate has data-driven omni-channel marketing experience with a passion for user research and market positioning and a love for building a field and events marketing operation.
Grassroots Cannabis is looking for a Regional Field Marketing Manager to increase awareness and engagement with our dispensary brands across the Midwest.
This is a critical role in a rapidly developing industry and territory, requiring a natural collaborator who can partner with corporate and field-based marketing and retail stakeholders to promote dispensary brand(s) awareness, drive traffic to our dispensaries, maintain open communication with patients and the community and provide outreach and education regarding lifestyle and medical cannabis programming.
- Build and implement a hyper-local, data-driven marketing strategy elevating field marketing as a strategic lever to create dispensary brand(s) awareness and drive demand.
- Determine local marketing mix to drive acquisition success and plan out how local budget will be deployed across different marketing tactics on a quarterly and monthly basis.
- Develop and document a strong understanding of local market trends, regulations, patient/patron insights and competitive dynamics.
- Regularly review and report marketing, sales and promotional data to influence actionable marketing strategies and programming.
Field Management & Connectivity:
- Manage a regionalized team of Community Marketing Managers (CMM) through strategy, planning and execution – ensuring all metrics and deliverables are met on time and on budget.
- Define, manage and participate with CMMs in the joint collaboration and ongoing relationship-building with corporate and field-based marketing, sales and retail leadership and extended stakeholders.
- Work closely across the enterprise to ensure best-practice sharing and identify areas of common efficiencies and opportunities.
- Support the professional development of marketing direct reports with a focus on high quality recruiting, performance feedback and coaching.
Execution and Reporting:
- Lead the development and activation of programming designed to strengthen connectivity to patients/patrons, local commerce and the community – including hyper-relevant on/off premise events, partnerships, sponsorships and ongoing outreach activity.
- Drive customized, high value patient/patron experiences focused on the needs and progression through the buyer’s journey.
- Work to establish our dispensary network as centers of informative excellence by positioning CMM team to deliver educational and industry-forward presentations, consultations and workshops.
- Identify local marketing needs including sales support materials, events, local digital and offline marketing, content and physical retail merchandising.
- Establish KPIs, determine success criteria and drive accountability.
- Ability to lead senior stakeholders through strategic marketing processes
- Demonstrated understanding of brand and customer marketing
- Experience supporting the sales function in a retail industry
- 5+ years of experience in marketing, sales, or retail operations
- Demonstrated collaboration skills
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
At Grassroots Cannabis we are committed to improving the quality of our patients’ lives and restoring well-being. Our medical cannabis dispensaries are setting a new standard of excellence, emphasizing health and wellness in our clean and modern facilities. Our staff is well trained and attentive, striving to serve patients with great respect and compassion.
Besides dispensing medicine, we also provide a wide range of holistic services designed to help patients maintain a healthy lifestyle, reduce stress and manage pain, such as yoga and therapeutic massage.
Grassroots Cannabis provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age disability or genetics.