Acreage Holdings is a fully integrated cannabis company, with the goal of being the leading innovator in this new and burgeoning industry. The Sales Manager will support the Illinois market area with selling and distributing our branded products to licensed dispensaries throughout IL. The ideal candidate for this position will come with proven success selling business to business or the cannabis industry and is intimately familiar with the IL Market cannabis scene.
What you do:
- Establish sales objectives by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas for State and Sales Representative by territories, projecting expected sales volume and profit for existing and new products/services.
- Hire, train, and lead the IL market area sales team, while managing pipeline sales, growing key new account leads and closing dispensary sales within their territory.
- Build and own the reporting analytics projects that allow strategic insights into the performance of the sales organization, drive, and monitor the organization, and enable the processes to scale with our growth.
- Establishes plans, monthly/weekly sale forecast, budgets, and results measurements; allocating resources; reviewing progress and making mid-course corrections.
- Set individual and IL Market sales and profitability objectives.
- Own coaching and performance monitoring of the sales team.
- Be the champion of the company’s brands, making sure the communication message is clear, on strategy and consistent throughout the region.
- Travel required within the territory for in-person meetings with prospective companies, existing customers, and the sales team to develop key relationships.
- Attend and represent brands at industry conferences and trade shows, as necessary.
- Ensures all sales department team members are performing to budgeted expectation.
- Maintains key performance metrics in a format that can be easily analyzed for future improvements.
- Supports the development of business plans, budgets, and project plans.
- Assure all processes have controlled Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and drive continuous improvement.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with dispensaries to foster good will and to address and resolve any issues related to compliance.
- Maintain positive employee relationships and communications with the sales workforce to support a work culture of high employee engagement.
- Supports Marketing/Outreach, Supply Chain, Production, Operations as needed.
- Other duties as assigned and required.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or a related field is preferred.
- 5+ years of sales experience in various business to business sales with cannabis industry experience preferred but not required.
- Skilled at building rapport, opening doors, and understanding business requirements of senior leaders.
- Experience supporting large accounts with exceptional sales service and follow up – we want to partner and support our customers – not just sell them.
- Proven experience utilizing a CRM to manage sales team tasks, pipeline, and closing opportunities.
- Existing book of business within IL Market
- Proven track record of building high-performing teams that consistently deliver and exceed revenue goals.
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate across functions to achieve buy-in and gain support for sales efforts.
- Proactive approach to learning what our customers want and need and then helping us deliver products that fulfill those needs.
- Experience managing multiple sales representatives overseeing 100+ customer accounts Preferred but not required.
- Advanced excel capabilities including pivot tables and data analysis software.
- Solid experience with manufacturing processes, materials and production control, manufacturing engineering, financial planning/controls, and staff supervision
- Strong leadership skills: demonstrated ability to motivate employees in a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to analyze production and quality data and produce clear reports highlighting issues and proposing solutions.
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders