Revolution is seeking a highly motivated, dynamic, and team-oriented attorney to join a growing legal team supporting a growing business. The Senior Corporate Counsel position will be based in our Chicago office and will report to the General Counsel. Candidates must have excellent business judgment and the ability to work both independently, as well as collaboratively, in a collegial, fast-paced team environment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
The Senior Corporate Counsel will attend to a wide variety of legal matters, including but not limited to:
- Support the creation of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and operating manuals/training for our cultivation facilities and dispensaries.
- Review, draft and negotiate a variety of agreements, templates and other documents, including Letters of Intent (LOIs); real estate agreements; procurement and distribution agreements; licensing agreements; contract manufacturing, white-label, & co-packer agreements; vendor agreements; advertising agreements; and professional services agreements.
- Support the negotiation and documentation of M&A, strategic transactions, and partnerships.
- Advertising, content, marketing, sponsorship and promotions review, guidance, and sign-off.
- Review and prepare documentation and internal policies for risk management, corporate governance, and corporate compliance.
- Working with executive leadership and other business units to identify and manage key risks and opportunities.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- JD from an accredited law school admitted to the bar in Illinois.
- 2-6 years of professional experience as an attorney.
- Previous experience in the cannabis or other highly regulated industries a plus
- Ability to work independently while being able to contribute successfully to cross-functional, fast-paced teams.
- Must be able to manage multiple projects at once with superior organizational skills
- Must be a self-starter who is proactive in coming up with solutions
- Must be relationship-oriented with excellent business judgment, strategic thinking, and project management skills.
- Must possess the ability to manage multiple projects with competing priorities, follow-through, and meet deadlines.
- Must possess a strong work ethic and be able to work well under pressure and with minimal supervision.
- Must possess strong analytical skills, as well as strong research, organizational, problem-solving, and project management skills.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.